The Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing (ZCHPC) was created through Statutory Instrument 168 of 2019, the Manpower Planning and Development (Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing), Regulations, 2019.
The following post has fallen vacant within the Centre:
ELECTRICAL/ELECTRONIC ENGINEER X 1 POST
Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and improving electrical, electronic and computing products and systems.
- Establishing manufacturing and assembling processes for HPC-related hard
- Evaluating systems’ safety, reliability and performance.
- Researching on manufacturing processes and analysing data and trends to create new products.
- Developing manufacturing processes according to global electrical and electronics engineering codes and standards.
- Managing Electrical and Electronic Engineering projects, and delivering them on time.
- Installing, maintaining and servicing electrical, electronic and computing systems.
- Performing quality and performance analysis on new electrical, electronic and computing
- Showing initiative and keeping up with advances in the industry.
Qualifications, experience and attributes
- Degree in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or equivalent.
- A relevant Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in either Electrical or Electronics Engineering.
- Strong appreciation of technologies related to HPC and data centres; including computer networks, Cloud Computing, Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence.
- Deep knowledge of parallel and distributed systems.
- Understanding of Electrical and Electronics codes and safety standards.
- Interest in green energy.
- Agility and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience and names of at least three referees should be sent to the address below by not later than 07 October 2023 clearly indicating the vacancy applied for.
Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing
High Performance Computing Centre Building
Science Park 1
630 Churchill Avenue,
or email to: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be invited for interviews.