The Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing (ZCHPC) was created through Statutory Instrument 168 of 2019, the Manpower Planning and Development (Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing), Regulations, 2019.
The following post has fallen vacant within the Centre:
NETWORK/SECURITY ENGINEER x 1 POST
Duties and Responsibilities:
i. Designs, builds, configures and commissions devices, networks and systems, and ensures systems interconnect with equipment from different manufactures, service providers and users
ii. Ensures that data transmitted over wired or wireless networks is secure
iii. Identifies and analyses problems and needs of existing systems, to determine the most appropriate means of correcting current and future problems and improve communications.
iv. Configures and monitors firewalls, routers and switches.
v. Monitors CCTV systems.
vi. Assesses performance levels of system hardware and software to project future needs, and develops short and long-terms plans for updating equipment, adding capabilities, enhancing existing systems and providing improved telecommunications.
vii. Develops and maintains Telecommunication Network policy to be adhered to by staff and clients using the HPC systems
viii. Offers support to remote HPC clients and assists in setting up reliable connectivity to the systems
ix. Troubleshoots basic network issues and assists to solve possible network design issues in HPC
x. Participates in any network system integration deployment, and administration projects system performance analyses, problem resolution and system security initiatives.
Qualifications, experience and attributes:
• Relevant first degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Information Security or a closely related field; a Master’s degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Information Security or a relevant field will be an added advantage
• Relevant certifications
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Telecommunication Engineering or Information Security.
• Experience in utilising a variety of equipment and transport media, including twisted pair, coaxial cables, and optical fibers.
• Expertise in designing the telecoms network infrastructure.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
• Accurate and precise attention to detail
• Goal oriented, agile and an organised team player
Application letters, certified copies of certificates and CVs giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience and names of at least three referees should be sent to the address below by not later than 24 September 2023 clearly indicating the vacancy applied for.
Zimbabwe Centre for High Performance Computing
High Performance Computing Centre Building
Science Park 1